10.28.2005

Psalm 39


Psalm 39
A David psalm 1I'm determined to watch steps and tongue so they won't land me in trouble.
I decided to hold my tongue
as long as Wicked is in the room.
2"Mum's the word," I said, and kept quiet.
But the longer I kept silence
The worse it got--
3my insides got hotter and hotter.
My thoughts boiled over;
I spilled my guts.

4"Tell me, what's going on, GOD?
How long do I have to live?
Give me the bad news!
5You've kept me on pretty short rations;
my life is string too short to be saved.
6Oh! we're all puffs of air.
Oh! we're all shadows in a campfire.
Oh! we're just spit in the wind.
We make our pile, and then we leave it.

7"What am I doing in the meantime, Lord?
Hoping, that's what I'm doing--hoping
8You'll save me from a rebel life,
save me from the contempt of dunces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home