9.18.2005

Borders Redux


Music, Coffee and Books, that is what first brought me to the doors of BOrders after three years I am taking a PT job there to help me be less wound up and more focussed. I am happy to have the opportunity to return to the bookselling world, I enjoy the reading customers and their finesse for what is written. I hope I cando 10-15 hours per week so I can enjoy, the experience. I have been told that since I was such a good egg in Cary, working in Raleigh will be a gas. Lest it be said, I enjoyed working for the store, making coffe and answering the phone three years ago. I hope it is now different and less of a shock to my system.
The culture of the Cary bookstore was less than welcoming and I felt like I was under siege due to my newness to the Borders crunchy, ecclectic, granola crowd. Cary was fun but full of days that were well just plain tiresome. I missed the first Borders in Champaign Urbana, such a neat little store without crazy co workers trying to take your desk away. Yes in Cary as a manager I had to share my desk with this silly woman who always stuck food... yes food and let it spoil in the drawer. Ick. Yeah for having no desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home