4.02.2005

La Vida Loca Deux


I was six when my mom caught me dancing in her closet wearing her white knee high gogo boots and blond wig. My mom never said anything other than take off the wig. She was my accomplice, she knew that I was gay and she did not change her love for me. Dancing in the closet was not my first outburtst but one in a series of crazy life transforming instances that are silently recorded in my mind. These boots were made for walking and they'll walk all over you...

I remember going dress shopping with my mom and hidding in the inner part of the dress rack and staring at the women shoppers through the glass of the fixture. I was fascinated by their hair and smooth features. Not wanting to be ignored I often went with my aunts Esther and Aida shopping to San Patricio Plaza, and Plaza Las America's. Mom once described my childhood as idillic, and because of the pampering and attentiveness of my family I believe it was but there are also some pretty dark episodes that involve my father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home